Ring of Fire Forum Rules and Guidelines
Please carefully review the following basic rules that govern your use of the Forums. Please note that your use of the forums constitutes your unconditional agreement to follow and be bound by these Rules and Guidelines. If you (the "User") do not agree to them, do not use the forums or provide any content or materials to the forums.
The mods and admins reserve the right to update or modify these Rules and Guidelines at any time without prior notice to User. Your use of the forums following any such change constitutes your unconditional agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms and Conditions as changed. For this reason, we encourage you to review these Rules and Guidelines whenever you use the Forums.
These Rules and Guidelines apply to the use of the Forums only and do not extend to any linked third party sites.
GENERAL POSTING GUIDELINES
1. Please use SEARCH first!
Please use the forum’s search feature first to see if there are already some good threads on the subject. It’s easy to search – just click the “Search” button at the top right of the page.
2. Be DESCRIPTIVE and Don’t use stupid topic names
Post a descriptive topic name! Give a short summary of your problem IN THE SUBJECT. (Don’t use attention getting subjects. They don’t get attention and only annoy people).
Here’s an example of a topic subject YOU SHOULD NOT POST:
"Help me, Hello?! It's very urgent, I need answers NOW!!!!"
Here is a good example of a way to post a question:
“Does anyone know how I can create my own channel, please?
3. Remember when people help you, they are doing YOU a favor
Be patient, help people to assist you by posting good descriptions and subject lines of what you need help with, and not snapping at people if you don't get the reply you were hoping for. Communication works 2 ways, so speak plainly and to the point so others can help you as best as they can.
1. No Spam / Advertising / Self-promote in the forums
These forums define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your channel, website, business, YouTube channel, forums, etc. Except within the designated nodes. Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users. We are happy to help you succeed by allowing you to post a brief advertisement with a link in the appropriately labeled nodes/threads or as a signature on your profile (a few words and a link is appropriate). If it is posted in the wrong node/thread, the advertisement(s) and link(s) to websites (that aren't applicable to a thread) will be deleted or moved.
2. DO NOT ASK for email addresses or phone numbers
Please respect the privacy of other users.
These posts will be deleted and a warning will be issued by moderators. The third offense will lead to your account being banned from the forum for a time deemed appropriate.
3. Do not post copyright-infringing material
Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.
4. Do not post “offensive” posts, links or images
Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. Such posts will be deleted and a warning will be issued by moderators. The second offense will lead to your account being banned from the forum. Use common sense and common decency while posting.
5. Respect other users
No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be issued a warning by moderators and the post(s) will be deleted from the forum. The second offense will lead to your account being banned from the forum.
No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior will result in being banned from the forums without warning. We have a ZERO tolerance policy in this regard.
7. Do not cross post questions
Please refrain from posting the same question in several forums. There is normally one forum which is most suitable in which to post your question. Post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators, if applicable.
8. Please respect we don't have unlimited bandwidth
All images must be 600 x 600 pixels or smaller. Please limit any signature images to no more than 125 pixels high and no more than 600 pixels in width. Posts containing over-sized images will be removed and over-sized signatures may be edited to an allowed size or will be removed.
9. Do not PM users asking for help
Do not send private messages to users asking for help. If you need help, make a new thread in the appropriate forum if one does not exist already, then the whole community can help and benefit.
10. Remain respectful of other members at all times
All posts should be courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective. However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this friendly community. You are expected to obey this rule always.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Am I allowed more than one account?
No, there is no reason why you should have more than one account at Ring Of Fire forums. If you are banned from the forums, please do not create a new account. If you continue to create new accounts after you have been banned, your IP address will be blocked from the forums.
What happens if I break a rule?
If you break a rule, then you will either be warned or banned. A ban of your user account may either be temporary or permanent. The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move, or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
What if I see a thread/post which has broken a rule?
Please report the thread/post to the moderators or admins.
Where can I find out who is in charge?
The Forum Moderators and admins are displayed in every Ring Of Fire forum.
In Order To Apply To Be A Ring Of Fire Forum Moderator You Must be:
- A forum regular
- Have been at the forum for over 3 months
- Have a positive presence on the Ring Of Fire Forums
- Be proactive
- Knowledgeable in the Forums you would like to moderate.
- Polite and helpful towards other members and give advice whenever needed and whenever possible.
- A frequent forum visitor and actively take part in discussions as often as possible, setting a good example to the other members.
- Take an active part in discussions between moderators and admins relating to the running of the forum.
- Help to keep unsuitable content out of the forums as much as possible.
- Contact the channel owner here to apply.
Becoming A Ring Of Fire Forum Moderator
- All moderator applicants must be a member for at least 90 days (3 months) and have at least 50 posts.
- You must be an active member of the Ring Of Fire channel on the Zello application for at least 90 days
- You must be active in the individual forums you wish to moderate and regularly create and respond to threads in those forums.
- You must also maintain a working knowledge of the subject matter.
- Provide quality, relevant posts and threads. Nonsense and posting just for the sake of increasing the quantity of posts/threads will not increase your chances to become a moderator.
- Please be aware that applying to be a moderator does not guarantee acceptance and that moderators will only be appointed when needed .Current moderators and administrators will review applications and decide if the applicant fits the desired post. Administrators have the final say and we reserve to right to refuse applicants with or without cause.